EVERY CUSTOMER COUNTS
ECC strategy is built on the philosophy that wherever we are and whatever we are doing in water and wastewater delivery, it is designed to keep in step with any future trends in customer experience. ECC is best delivered collaboratively with our clients to ensure it compliments and supports the vision, processes and principles.
ECC has a set of key principles which underpin and guide the customer experience programme, how it is delivered and developed (these principles have been adapted specifically for our clients and vulnerable customers). These principles demonstrate our commitment to providing the best possible experience for our customers and acknowledge within them the special role that we have in the communities those customers live in. They are built into everything we do – from training our people, to guiding our engagement with different communities, to improving the service support we offer.
Our commitment to our customers extends to our innovation of new technologies to support in the development and investment in scheduling, asset data capture and productivity reporting. In addition, our use of no-dig technologies and specialist activities in undertaking complex repairs with the minimum of disruption to customers and communities can also be explored through our specialist water engineering teams and associated Group sister companies.
We have a set of protocols and methodologies that are tailored to accommodate a variety of frameworks including:
- An EU Skills accredited Brilliant Basics customer training for our support and operational people that provides them with the confidence to always give a brilliant service experience
- Customer segmentation – we recognise customers have different needs and wants – not just direct customers who are impacted by the work we carry out, but those who come into contact with us as they go about their daily life
- A unique definition of what vulnerable customer means, to understand how we can best recognise and support them
- Tools to support the delivery of customer experience, and tools to respond to situations where jobs may have not gone according to plan
- Customer journey mapping using our innovative diagnostic toolkit